[Hampshire] Support for touchscreens

Author: Kevin Safford
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens
I'm thinking of getting a touchscreen all-in-one for elderly person
with Alzheimer's. They live a long way away, and video chats, shared
desktops and so one would help reduce the sense of isolation. I
envisage loading up Web pages, sharing photos, playing music, and so
on for them. The box has to be touchscreen - they'd never cope with a
mouse and keyboard, even though I expect their input to be minimal.

Something like the Lenovo IdeaCentre B320
(http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/digital-home/3322714/lenovo-ideacentre-b320-review/)
looks good, apart from the preloaded Windows 7. I'll be administering
it remotely, and I don't want that amount of pain. Apart from my
Android phone, I've no experience of touch screen PCs, or Linux
support for them.

Can anyone with experience in this area offer advice on hardware and
best distro - or indeed an alternative approach?
--
Kevin Safford