Re: [Hampshire] USB Trackball not detected at power on

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] USB Trackball not detected at power on

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x585e8100.hantslug.org.uk.7452': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Apr 5 12:13:43 2012 BST
gpg: using RSA key CC7A505B5FBD5E30
On 05/04/12 11:59, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> If I unplug and re-plug the trackball, it works straight away.
> Both Ubuntu 11.10 and Fedora 16 (Live CD) exhibit this behaviour.
> It is a recent behaviour, nothing else has changed in the system.

Try an mainline kernel perhaps?

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

Specifically probably this one:-

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.0.27-oneiric/

If it happens there, file a bug against the kernel upstream, if the
problem is not present then file a bug in ubuntu:-

ubuntu-bug linux

Cheers,
- --
Alan Pope