Re: [Hampshire] OT Please tell me how this is not a scam.

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT Please tell me how this is not a scam.
On 17 October 2011 15:06, Philip Stubbs <philip@???> wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how this works:-
> http://www.bluecarbon.com/how-it-works.html

Well I guess I need to admit that my boss did get one of these fitted.
I was asked for my opinion and I may have mentioned that it probably
worked on the same principle as my perpetual motion machine, but
really I was trying not to get involved.

Apparently, there is very little risk. Once the device is installed,
they will analyse the half hourly meter readings for you. If they
can't demonstrate a saving, then you don't have to pay for it.
Fortunately my boss is no fool when it comes to Excel. After looking
at reams of data every which way, the only conclusion was a slight
increase in usage.

I am not sure if there was an installation charge, but I know they
want some money to take it away, unless we disconnect it ourselves and
send it back. That, plus people who can be fooled by Excel, is
probably where they make their money.

If I get the chance, I will take some pictures of inside the box.

--
Philip Stubbs