Re: [Hampshire] OT Please tell me how this is not a scam.

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT Please tell me how this is not a scam.
On 17/10/2011 15:06, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how this works:-
> http://www.bluecarbon.com/how-it-works.html

When I was studying for an OND (cough decades ago!) I sort of remember *some* of the calcs used to balance 3ph systems.
One trick was to add capacitive loads to inductive loads to balance the phases.

If a factory uses a single phase for some heavy inductive loads and also uses 3ph loads
adding "balancer" to the hardware on the 1ph can reduce costs as 3ph motors do not run as well
as they should when the "timing is out" :-)

How this would help a 1ph household supply is beyond me as you and your meter dont give a poo
about the other two phases.

Sounds seriously iffy for a houshold and for a commercial mid/heavy industrial plant you could
(in my days as a trainee/student) be able to get someone to check balance with a phase meter for peanuts.

Jacqui

IIRC It was more sensible to spread the inductive 1ph loads across the phases - but only
in a large installation. I expect some of the DC folks know more about this than me :-)