Re: [Hampshire] Pointing device for arthritic hands

Top Page
Author: Damian L Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Pointing device for arthritic hands

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5788b100.hantslug.org.uk.13591': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Sep 27 14:44:17 2011 BST
gpg: using RSA key E5B6AC918A7E551C
On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 14:08 +0100, Vic wrote:
> > Seems like I am going to be suffering with Arthritic hands from here
> > on in. Yay! :-(
>
> Don't sweat it too much.

> I went round the Beaulieu Auto Jumble the other week. A full day of
> walking around on uneven ground. My hips complained mightily the following
> day. Ibuprofen helps, as does scotch.

A family member recently underwent two sequential hip replacements -
after ten years of steadily degrading mobility, which crescendoed into a
serious heart attack. The transformation is remarkable and the recovery
rapid.

Good luck if the necessary needs to happen.

Philip - I tend to use a variety of pointing devices so different
muscles are regularly exercised. My absolute favourite, in terms of
comfort and accuracy, is the USB Logitech Marble Mouse T-BC21. A superb
device!

I also cycle, saw and chop large amounts of wood for our wood stove and
swim. This keeps my wrists strong and in good condition. I also practice
intermediate Tia Chi once a week - this is highly recommended to help
'iron out' tired or stagnant muscle states.

Damian

--
Interlinux Engineering Foundation http://www.interlinux.org.uk

Central, non-trading, administration, governance and dissemination of
foundation intellectual property and know-how.

GPG 8A7E551C