Re: [Hampshire] [OT] TalkTalk and low IP addresses

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] TalkTalk and low IP addresses

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56dee100.hantslug.org.uk.27546': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue May 18 17:13:03 2010 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Chris,

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 04:38:43PM +0100, Chris Dennis wrote:
> Thanks to Hugo and Andy for their replies.

np.

> I suspected as much. Hopefully Hampshire County Council will sort
> themselves out -- apparently they were 'in talks with TalkTalk'
> according to my sources. It seems that there shouldn't really be much
> to discuss though.

The most difficult thing I find about trying to resolve these issues
is that often the unreachable site isn't fully in control of their
own network infrastructure, and you aren't a customer of the people
that are in control. So you end up having to try to explain to first
line support of $ISP why they need to make a change to their
configuration for the benefit of a non-customer when their own
customer doesn't really care/understand. :(

Hopefully you will have better luck with HCC!

Cheers,
Andy

"It is I, Simon Quinlank. The chief conductor on the bus that is called
hobby." -- Simon Quinlank