Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Armoured network cable supplier?

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Armoured network cable supplier?
2009/8/4 Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???>:
> Hello folks
>
> Can anyone recommend a supplier and/or installer of armoured ethernet cable?
>
> My client (www.lotusflowertrust.org) needs a network connection to their
> outside office about 30m from the main house.
>
> cheers
>
> Chris
> --

Don't bother with armored cable. They are a pain to work with.
One option is to instead bury a PVC tube. Good for when you need to
send an extra cable through, takes about the same effort burying a PVC
tube, than it does an armored cable.
But, if you don't like that idea, I have in the past just passed the
cable through a garden hose pipe, and then buried the hose pipe. It
has been happily functioning for over 10 years now.

Kind Regards

James