Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Armoured network cable supplier?

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Armoured network cable supplier?
Chris Dennis wrote:
>> Hello folks
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a supplier and/or installer of armoured ethernet cable?
>>
>> My client (www.lotusflowertrust.org) needs a network connection to their
>> outside office about 30m from the main house.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Chris
>
> Well, that generated some interesting discussion. Thanks to everyone.
>
> On consideration, I'll go for the ethernet-over-mains option. (And if
> that doesn't work, I'll mess about with wifi.)

For the record, I installed a NET-PL-200AV-PUSH[1] at the router end in
the house, and a NET-PLA-AV-3E-PIGGY6[2] in the office at the end of the
garden. where there are currently two PCs. It all worked perfectly.
The office is on a separate ring main , but connected to the same fuse
board (or whatever it's called) as the house.

[1] Solwise 200Mbps HomePlug AV Ethernet Adaptor with Simple Connect
[2] VeseNET 200Mbps HomePlug AV 3 Ethernet Port Power Strip with Simple
Connect
both from www.solwise.com

cheers

Chris