Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Armoured network cable supplier?

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Armoured network cable supplier?
Chris Dennis wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> Can anyone recommend a supplier and/or installer of armoured ethernet cable?
>
> My client (www.lotusflowertrust.org) needs a network connection to their
> outside office about 30m from the main house.
>
> cheers
>
> Chris

Well, that generated some interesting discussion. Thanks to everyone.

On consideration, I'll go for the ethernet-over-mains option. (And if
that doesn't work, I'll mess about with wifi.)

Armoured Cat5e cable is available at about £2 per metre, but the tools
required to deal with it, and the special terminating glands etc. are
not something I want to get involved with.

And playing with pipes and ditches would be more appealing in a
different climate.

cheers

Chris

--