Re: [Hampshire] Getting MP3 off a audio CD

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Getting MP3 off a audio CD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim" <xendistar@???>
To: "Hampshire LUG Discussion List" <hampshire@???>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:40 AM
Subject: [Hampshire] Getting MP3 off a audio CD

> Several years ago I made an audio CD with the tracks saved to the cd as
> MP3
> (can't remember the program I used but possibly windows based). If I
> insert the
> cd into my PC the CD show up as a audio cd. I want to copy the mp3 audio
> track
> off the cd on to my hard disk, but when I open the cd up in file view
> (konqueror) and try to copy the tracks to the disk my system seem to think
> want to rip the tracks from the cd and the resulting files are twice the
> size
> of those on the cd and won't play on any audio player (just white noise).
>
> Any thoughts??
>
> Tim

So far is I know, mp3cds are just Joilet format CDs - which should be
readable in the standard way. Perhaps

mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /wherever

and then (fingers crossed) you should be able to read the files and cp them
across.

You've probably thought of this - but I'm sure I've put mp3cds together in
the past just through drag and drop which implies the fs is standard.

Cheers
Rob