Re: [Hampshire] Getting MP3 off a audio CD

Author: Stuart Matheson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Getting MP3 off a audio CD
Once, ages ago, I mistakenly wrote a tar.gz file to a disk as an individual
track instead of creating an ISO and burning that. If you've somehow managed
to do the same with your mp3s then you should be able to pull the tracks
off. It's been ages since I recovered the file but I think you'll need to
use dd to address the tracks individually like so...

*dd* if=/dev/acd0tN of=*track*-N.*cdr* bs=2352

(this line came from
http://www.nabble.com/Copying-audio-CD-with-dd-cdrecord-produces-unplayable-CD-td20744707.html
)

I did it under FreeBSD though. I guess you can probably do the same under
Linux.

HTH

Stuart.