[Hampshire] Getting MP3 off a audio CD

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Getting MP3 off a audio CD

Several years ago I made an audio CD with the tracks saved to the cd as MP3
(can't remember the program I used but possibly windows based). If I insert the
cd into my PC the CD show up as a audio cd. I want to copy the mp3 audio track
off the cd on to my hard disk, but when I open the cd up in file view
(konqueror) and try to copy the tracks to the disk my system seem to think I
want to rip the tracks from the cd and the resulting files are twice the size
of those on the cd and won't play on any audio player (just white noise).

Any thoughts??

Tim