Re: [Hampshire] The Trouble With Blackberries (was: Re: [OT]…

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The Trouble With Blackberries (was: Re: [OT]Troublewith Paypal)

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5694f100.hantslug.org.uk.9167': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed May 20 09:46:21 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 07:52:55AM +0000, Paul Stimpson wrote:
> And the Blackberry signature. That is added at Vodafone. I could go
> to their email management portal and change it but so far I haven't
> been bothered to. In a way I find it useful for people to know I may
> not be sitting in front of a fully featured computer.

While we're at the Blackberry bashing...

I don't know if it's a fundamental property of the software, or if
it's configurable, but most of the replies we get from your Blackberry
have no context other than the title of the thread. There's no quoting
of the email you are replying to, and no In-Reply-To: or References:
headers. This means that in general it's impossible to work out where
your reply fits in any kind of conversation -- particularly if it's
short and part of a large and complex thread. It can get quite
frustrating.

Hugo.

               --- echo "killall cat" > ~/curiosity.sh ---