Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, The Holy ettlz wrote:

> > Try to make novatech and their staff as much aware of linux (ubuntu as
> > an easy brand focus maybe?) as you possibly can, with the issue of a
> > possible sale and future custom as obvious as possible please?
>
> I think they are quite aware (and have done at least some testing, from
> what I gather on their forum) --- hence the blank notebooks being
> cheaper than the ones with Windows preloaded!

The few times I've talked with them I've had the party line "we don't
support Linux", but when I've said I know what I'm doing and I just need
to know a little about some particular bit of hardware, I've often had a
response like "Oh yes, I use that on Linux-blah and it's fine".

I think Novatech try to be Linux friendly, but they're a business and
probably can't kustify the resource needed to offer propper/formal
support.

G.
--
Gordon Scott                  http://www.gscott.co.uk

        Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.