Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops
Paul Tansom wrote:

> Oh, no, not another question so soon :)
>
> Just wondering whether anyone had tried running Linux on any of the
> current range of Novatech laptops. I'm half tempted, for convenience and
> a disillusionment with branded models (well Dell really, but being tied
> to a proprietary PSU connector, and the pitiful life, in terms of
> recharges, of the batteries makes me consider a 'noname' may make sense).
>
> The Sorar looks tempting because it mentions Intel graphics and wireless
> chipsets, so hopefully should prove usable with Linux on a budget, but
> the Rasor isn't a massive price rise for the extra spec with Core 2 Duo
> Mobile and still Intel chipsets. I've not been down to take a closer
> look yet though.
>
> Oh, and isn't that character on the "I know what I'm looking for.
> Showing all systems" link annoying in a stereotypical way?!
>
> Oh, and sorry, I think I keep signing my emails with a wrong key. Comes
> of playing with Thunderbird (which is annoying my like anything at the
> moment sadly) and OpenPHP on Windows :(

Try to make novatech and their staff as much aware of linux (ubuntu as
an easy brand focus maybe?) as you possibly can, with the issue of a
possible sale and future custom as obvious as possible please?

On way might be to spend time by going to one of their outlets and
with their help, using a live CD, and systematically noting what
works or not.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391