Re: [Hampshire] Print sharing problem

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Print sharing problem

On Wed, June 27, 2007 00:24, Tim B (Systems) wrote:
> Apologies, sent this under the wrong identity.
>
> I don't think that running a VPN client would prevent you seeing the local
> network. Therefore if you share the printer via CUPS or Samba, you should
> be
> able to access it from all boxes. The VPN client should still allow
> software
> that requires it to find the printer if it is installed on the local
> machine.
>
> I'm sure others have more experience of VPN than I do.

That's pretty much what I do. Laptop (MS Windows) on VPN,
but can still talk to the local printer. I actually talk
to the printer directly (via IP) rather than using CUPS/Samba,
because I couldn't get that to work in the 30 seconds I
dedicated to the task.

--
Be seeing you,            Web: www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                    GTalk: sam@???