Seminar Room 1 in the Zepler Building is the venue for many HantsLUG meetings.
Come to the door between Zepler and Mountbatten. If the door isn't open, there will be a notice telling you how to get in — often involving calling a mobile phone number. Or else jump up and down outside the window to the right of the door until someone notices you.
Parking is free at the weekends in the car parks near Zepler.
Buses to use are the U1 from Southampton Parkway station or Southampton Central station, or the U2 from outside the Civic Centre (a short walk from Southampton Central station).
The postcode for those who use them for navigation is SO17 1BJ.
- Wireless Networking: Please email your details to ??? with your wireless MAC address before BEFORE the meeting. Do you need help FindingYourMACAddress?
- Wired networking will not be available at the moment
- No bittorrent of any kind (even if it's legal ISOs). If you have a torrent client that runs at start up, please turn it off before you arrive at the meeting. Our host will be keeping an eye on this over the day.
- Please be sensible – we all know what sensible means. We don't want to get into any trouble over anything, so if it's somewhat dubious, please don't do it, at least not without asking our host first.
- Please remember that we are guests of the University: we must leave the facilities in a clean and safe condition and not abuse their network.
- We are reliant on a qualifying LUG member to book the room for our meetings. Since regular meetings started in 2003, this has been HugoMills, DamianBrasher, Ashwin, Robin, Chris and Richard who is our current host.