Re: [Hampshire] NTFS and Linux

Author: Simon
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NTFS and Linux
+1 for backupPC. I run it on a Cubieboard 2 with a 2.5" SATA disk
attached (I did try Raspbery Pi and a USB disk, but it doesn't play well
with USB and Ethernet running fast at the same time). The Cubie2 can
drive a 2.5" disk directly - for 3.5" you'll need an extra power supply
for the 12V line.

I tried using the disk with the NTFS formatting it arrived with, but
backupPC didn't like that (it couldn’t create proper links, I think), so
I reformatted it as ext4.

Now Gordon has reminded me to move it somewhere safe - it's currently
sitting on top of one of the main machines it is backing up!