Re: [Hampshire] Dead server

Author: Leo
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dead server
So with the memory mapping on, the torture test didn't hit any errors.
So I'm tempted to use this as a short-term solution, and then at the
weekend I'll looking at swapping the sticks around.

For anyone that's interested: you can do this (on debian) by editing
/etc/default/grub and to the line that begins:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=
add something like:
memmap=100M\\\$800M
which will tell the kernel not to use the 100MB of memory starting at 800MB.

Leo