Re: [Hampshire] Alternative to httrack?

Author: Gordon Scott
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Alternative to httrack?
There's also a MSYS/minGW version of wget, too, if the cygwin style
doesn't feel right to them.
I think MSYS looks more Windows-like than cygwin.
IIRC MSYS avoids those /cygdrive/C/ paths that cygwin uses.

Gordon.

On 13/05/2015 19:33, Jon Wilks wrote:

> I use the cygwin version of wget for precisely this purpose.
>
> Jonny
>
> On 13 May 2015 12:51, "Peter Alefounder" <p_alefounder@???
> <mailto:p_alefounder@yahoo.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     "Paul Freeman (Core Internet)" <paul@???
>     <mailto:paul@coreinternet.net>> said:
>     > wget -m -p -np http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/index/GOONS/
>     >
>     > should do the job :)

>     Thanks, Paul. I will pass that on to the those involved. I suspect
>     they will want something that will work under MS Windows as well
>     (which httrack was supposed to do), but it seems even that may be
>     possible: a Windows version of wget exists.

>     Peter Alefounder.

>     --
>     Please post to: Hampshire@???
>     <mailto:Hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk>

This message was written elegantly and lucidly, by my own fair hand using a quill pen on hand laid parchment. It was then scanned, OCRed, spiel-chequed, then cat und pastied into this email.

If it's now just gibberish, it's the software's fault.