Re: [Hampshire] Simple database?

Author: Gordon Scott
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Simple database?
On 14/01/2015 11:30, Jay Bennie wrote:

> google's spreadsheet app works well can, but if you want something uber simple

I steer clear of Google. They already know far too much!

> or
>
> Create a table in mysql and use the scafolding capability in cakephp to autocreate a CRUD interface. (its quite usable by default)
>
> it takes about 20mins, then publish to a web server. (adding a password layer is a few mins of extra work work ... but its all in the tutorials

It had occurred that there may be something on WordPress, which the
association uses for their website. I'd thought not to put it on a
website, but I guess it's not too sensitive and if password protected,
etc., it should be OK.

--
This message was written elegantly and lucidly, by my own fair hand using a quill pen on hand laid parchment. It was then scanned, OCRed, spiel-chequed, then cat und pastied into this email.

If it's now just gibberish, it's the software's fault.