[Hampshire] Simple database?

Author: Gordon Scott
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Simple database?
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a simple and simple
database for a membership list. An address book with some extra fields
for things like "paid until", in this case 'boat', and a notes field.

I need a number of fields, so plain table's are a nuisance, though a
spreadsheet with frozen columns works OK.

I have people on Linux, Mac and Windows, so need cross-platform. There
are presently only 116 records and that's unlikely to change a great
deal.

I could just make something in Ruby or whatever, but there must, surely,
already be something out there. I often use xmbase-grok, but it's not
cross-platform.

Regards,
    Gordon.