Re: [Hampshire] FTTC presentation

Author: Dr Adam John Trickett
To: hampshire, tim
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] FTTC presentation
> > Am I right in thinking the VDSL presentation has a VDSL decoder and you
> > get a BT phone jack and an RJ-45 lead which you need to plug into a
> > router?
> >
> > If that is the case my Netgrar ADSL2+ router already comes with a WAN
> > socket and I should be okay, but I'm just checking.
>
> Hi Adam
>
> In the FTTC install I have had for work, BT install a small router like
> box (VDSL decoder) which your VDSL connects to via the wan socket. I was
> also offered the Technicolour router but having had technicolour in the
> past threw it in the bin. I fitted Draktek 2850's, not cheap though.

I suspected as much... Thanks for the confirmation.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I guess that, if you're in Microsoft's shoes, it makes sense. If you
can't write software or protocols that can stably walk and chew gum,
program in a limit that prevents the user from telling it to do so.
-- Jonathan Patschke, on limitations in Active Directory