Re: [Hampshire] ISP Filtering

Author: Stephen Davies
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ISP Filtering
Martin,
    Like you I use OpenDNS instead of my ISP's DNS, but that wasn't the
point of my post.

If you have your own website then you should check to see if any of the
Major UK ISP's are blocking it.
I found that SKY is blocking my Wordpress Blog.
So far they have not responded to my request to get it unblocked.

If they are blocking it then they have to have a reason. It can't be
because their crawlers have read the content of my site because they are
all blocked and from the logs, I can't see any SKY domain looking at my
site to determine its contents.

While I agree with the objectives of stopping children from accessing
the nastier side of the internet, blocking sites that are nothing more
than a BLOG simply because a blog could contain bad stuff just ain't on
IMHO. My site contains nothing more than a load of stories that I have
written over the years. So why block it.

From what I've read, I am far from the only Blog owner that has this
happen.

Stephen D