Re: [Hampshire] [OFF TOPIC] Electrician recommendation

Author: Joseph Bennie
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OFF TOPIC] Electrician recommendation
if it were me I'd have an electrican install a water proof external socket at the house (30AMP) and get the part-p certificate. Then install internal wiring in the building to a fuse box with another external socket. Then get a big old 30AMP external armoured extension, dig a track or lay at/on a fence and connect the fuse box in the building to the external outlet at the house.

That way you can just pull the plug and avoid and issues about wiring to the outbuilding. The outbuilding is then fuse protected for separate 3 and 13AMP circuits. and provided the wiring isn't concealed should be exempt from requiring part-p.

A big part of Part-P is how to lay concealed cables, so people can predict where they are… avoids electric shock wile nailing up pictures etc!

FYI: find a local lighting shop, they tend to know the better electricians in the area.