Re: [Hampshire] [OFF TOPIC] Electrician recommendation

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: Hampshire LUG List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OFF TOPIC] Electrician recommendation

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x580f2100.hantslug.org.uk.26306': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Jul 5 19:51:21 2014 BST
gpg: using RSA key 4BC36C6C174D31C1
On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 19:39:17 +0100
Anton Piatek <anton@???> wrote:

Hello Anton,

>And how does one know when buying a house if electrical work was done
>after 2005?

TBH, IDK. The certificate that an electrician hands over on completion
of any job is likely to be filed in the grey receptacle, I suspect.

>I'd say it is rather hard to enforce, unless of course you are wiring an

I tend to agree. There are plenty of horror stories regarding people
printing off their own 'certificates' and handing them over, builders
with no prior electrical experience doing a short (5 day) course to get
registered, etc. etc.

>extension and it is obviously new wiring.

Even then, what do most people do with all the paperwork, once the job
is done? :-(

--
 Regards  _
Go away, come back, go away, come back