Re: [Hampshire] PCI SATA controller

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: James Courtier-Dutton
CC: Hants LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] PCI SATA controller

> > Before I buy a new one, does anyone have a PCI (not PCIe) bus,
> > SATA controller card I could put in an old PC to allow it to
> > take SATA hard disks instead of the tiny PATA disk it
> > currently has in, that they no longer need...?
> >

> They only cost about £10 on ebay. Why not just buy one?

In case* someone has one that is sitting un-loved and un-used?

While I may only save a few quid I may also reduce the amount of
e-waste shipped off to the third world where environmental
standards aren't so good and there is a lot of toxic metal
pollution.

* Which in this case has turned out to be the situation.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel
certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and
understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.
    -- Bertrand Russell