[Hampshire] PCI SATA controller

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] PCI SATA controller

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5769c100.hantslug.org.uk.19638': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Feb 11 22:58:20 2014 GMT
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hi,

Before I buy a new one, does anyone have a PCI (not PCIe) bus, SATA controller
card I could put in an old PC to allow it to take SATA hard disks instead of
the tiny PATA disk it currently has in, that they no longer need...?

It's not desperate but just checking.

It goes without saying it needs to work with Linux...!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

"Norton Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files.  This
 provides more security than wiping with decimal values."
    -- from the manual of Norton Systemworks 2002, pg 160