Re: [Hampshire] 'Killed' response when running program from …

Author: Robin Wilson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 'Killed' response when running program from command-line
All,

I've managed to solve this now. Setting it up on a server instance with more RAM (8Gb compared to 2Gb) worked fine, so I assume it was an out of memory error. However, I have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone have any idea why the fact that the process was killed due to low memory wasn't logged? Or was it logged, but I just couldn't find it (I recursively searched in /var/log though…)

2. I'm intrigued as to how much memory this program uses - I thought it wouldn't be much but obviously I was wrong. I would normally just use top, but the program executes very quickly and so I don't have chance to do anything like that - is there something I can run the program with that will tell me the total memory usage once the program has exited?

Cheers,

Robin