Re: [Hampshire] 'Killed' response when running program from …

Author: Robin Wilson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 'Killed' response when running program from command-line
Thanks Al. That gives:

execve("./sixsV1.1", ["./sixsV1.1"], [/* 21 vars */] <unfinished ...>
+++ killed by SIGKILL +++
Killed

So it is obviously being SIGKILLed by someone/something. I don't understand the first line of output - does that tell us anything interesting? It's really strange - I've never had this problem before with this program, and I've run it on many machines.

I've checked it isn't the Fortran compiler producing executables that always die: a Hello World program compiled with the same compiler runs fine.

Is it always the case the the Out of Memory Killer will log that it has killed something? I find the fact that I can't find anything in the logs anywhere very suspicious.

Cheers,

Robin