Re: [Hampshire] Linux Format has forked

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux Format has forked
** Lisi <hantslug@???> [2013-11-25 20:59]:
> On Friday 22 November 2013 11:43:23 Paul Tansom wrote:
> > I was just considering whether to post direct to the LUG. I posted
> > this to LUG masters last week, but haven't seen it on any of the
> > LUG lists I subscribe to yet.
>
> I saw it, Paul, though I can't remember on which list.

** end quote [Lisi]

Yes, I did spot it on the Surry LUG list just after posting this, but decided
not to clutter the list with a correction!

I think the main reason I missed it is that for just over a week I've been
surviving on my phone and webmail to access emails, and handy though they are
they are really not up to the job of a decent quantity of email without
supporting managemnt. On my main server I automatically filter mail as it comes
in and file various categories into folders. Unfortunately without broadband
for such a long time my backup system got somewhat overloaded with the volume
of emails. Even the odd access with Mutt didn't help much without the benefit
of filtering. I think I had around 5000 mails to download and manually file
once my connection was finally back up.