Re: [Hampshire] Ebooks, was: disk types and layout on a new …

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ebooks, was: disk types and layout on a new box

http://www.babblingengineer.com/how-to/how-i-turned-my-nook-into-an-e-reader-monster/

> - it is the basic Simple
> Touch E Ink display one. That I just connected up via USB and copied the files
> across into the appropriate folder (My Files and then one of Books, Documents,
> Magazines or Newspapers as appropriate). I've changed the screen saver in a
> similar way (although it was fun converting the images to a suitable size and
> limited greyscale!).

Ah excellent, hadn't tried that, thanks!

> The only issue I have is that it doesn't like the wireless N on my router and
> I've had to (temporarily I hope) drop the speed down to G :( More of an annoyance
> is the fact that the multiple user profiles isn't exactly sophicticated - they
> are just adult or child, common pin for all adults and none for children. You
> can then restrict what apps can be run, but any config is shared between
> profiles - i.e. if you install Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. every profile
> logs in with the same account :( Oh, another annoyance is the proprietary
> connector for charging and data (I need to get a spare just in case as they are
> only available while stocks last).

Stock android is okay at splitting users up. I have a Nexus 7 which
has an account for each of us. The kids check their email and play
games on it, keeping their own scores.

Cheers,
Al.