Re: [Hampshire] disk types and layout on a new box

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] disk types and layout on a new box
On 15 October 2013 23:12, Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:
> I think some of the Asus netbooks had built in batteries. Thankfully the one I
> have did not otherwise I would have had to scrap it (the battery started
> getting short on capacity and then burst through the plastic case!). It still
> works, and I may get round to getting a new battery at some point (although I
> need to either speed up XP - spit - or get a decent Linux install running on it
> first). My HP netbook is even older and that is still going strong thanks to a
> new higher capacity battery (although to be fair the original is still doing
> pretty well given that it is 5 years old and been used on a daily basis - much
> better than my old Dell laptop where they told me a year was good going and I
> should now by another one for £120 to last the next year!!!).

I'm not too bothered about replacing sealed in batteries. I suspect I
don't keep devices as long as you do though. My iPhone 4S is probably
the only device I'd be bothered about if the battery got annoyingly
short life span. However I'm pretty sure I can walk into one of those
phone shops and get it swapped out for not much.

Cheers,
Al.