[Hampshire] Steam

Author: Paul Tansom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Steam
Is there anyone out there using Steam on Linux? I've finally put my Humble
Bundle Steam keys on there and am having a good play. I didn't realise how many
games I had, but some of the independent games are much more to my liking than
the big budget ones.

What I haven't managed to get working is Big Picture mode, and I was wondering
if anyone else had. When I try it the window vanishes, although I can locate it
by outline if I tab through active applications. Admittedly I need to do a
reinstall as this one has been through 3 or 4 different motherboards without
reinstalling, and has been upgraded through varios versions of Ubuntu - it
would be nice to run a 64bit install on a 64bit machine! For reference this is
Ubuntu 12.04 with dual AMD/ATI Radeon graphics cards.

As an aside, if anyone wants to link up on there I'm whaletales. It would be
nice to be eligable for the Steam Box trial, and having managed to get Bit
Picture working on the Windows boot with a controller I just need a few more
friends to move from no chance to miniscule chance - all together now... aw! :)