Re: [Hampshire] Anyone using their Raspberry Pi as a "carput…

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Anyone using their Raspberry Pi as a "carputer"?
On Wednesday 11 Sep 2013 13:42:46 Imran Chaudhry wrote:
> I want to explore using the Raspberry Pi as something in the car, a
> "carputer". I am envisioning attaching a smallish LCD screen+speakers
> where it can play movies, take a USB key to play music, display Google
> Maps, show pictures etc. Has anyone done this with their Pi?

Ignoring the hacker element for a moment and being all practical, why
not just use a phone for this?

I pretty much do all this with my phone (except for the video bits,
since that could be dangerous when I'm driving). Bluetooth to the
car's audio system (I have an adapter) plays all my music and does
Google Maps.

--
Be seeing you,        Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                  Posts: http://www.google.com/profiles/samuel.penn