[Hampshire] Anyone using their Raspberry Pi as a "carputer"?

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Anyone using their Raspberry Pi as a "carputer"?
So I got given a Raspberry Pi at that XBMC Fest thing a few weeks back
(they were giving them out free, I got one with a ton of extra
accessories).

I have tried XBMC and Debian on it and it does a fair job of both,
however I already have those covered with other devices.

I want to explore using the Raspberry Pi as something in the car, a
"carputer". I am envisioning attaching a smallish LCD screen+speakers
where it can play movies, take a USB key to play music, display Google
Maps, show pictures etc. Has anyone done this with their Pi?

Thanks

--
Key fingerprint = EF78 310C C517 9564 9ECA 82F6 68FA E621 17E1 5D16
http://about.me/imranchaudhry