Re: [Hampshire] Recommendations sought for system upgrade

Author: Joseph Bennie
To: Peter Alefounder, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Recommendations sought for system upgrade
Peter,

The "budget box" is similar to http://www.ebuyer.com/407538-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1076

and this listing is only 150 inc vat. it has more ram but less disk space, but you could add a second 1TB for around 50 more, then a few pounds for shipping.

an external IDE enclosure is the way to go. it will connect via USB with no modification.
simply plug the ide hard drive into the external enclosure and your done.

http://www.ebuyer.com/190604-startech-external-ide-hard-drive-enclosure-black-ide3510u2gb

re: monitior, assuming its VGA … yes it should work fine.

re debian 7 … turn up to a lug meet … I'm sure someone will assist you for the fun of it.

Joseph Bennie | Founder
07976 300036 | 01737 244209 | @Lincoreltd
jay@???