[Hampshire] Enabling Secure Boot

Author: Stephen Nelson-Smith
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Enabling Secure Boot
Hello chums,

I have a Novatech laptop, bought maybe 3 months ago. It came with no
operating system. I installed Windows 7 on it for a project which needed
Windows, but now want to install Linux on it.

I've got Fedora 18 install media on a USB stick, but when I try to boot the
installer I get the message: "Secure boot not enabled"/

A little research suggests that Novatech machines do have Secure Boot
enabled on machines with Windows 8 preinstalled. However I can't see in
the BIOS any way to enable it.

Anyone had a similiar issue? Or any ideas how to enable this? Perhaps
from the UEFI shell?

--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director