Re: [Hampshire] Accessing genealogy data on PDF files

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Accessing genealogy data on PDF files
On Tue, 14 May 2013 08:35:13 +0100
john lewis <zen57162@???> wrote:

> I downloaded Foxit but when I try to run it (by clicking on the
> Gnome menu item) nothing seems to happen apart from "Starting
> Foxitreader" appearing.
>
> Will have to find out what the prog is actually called and try running
> from the command line to see what errors show up - but breakfast
> first!

OK! running FoxitReader from the command line gives yet more lib errors

> ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/local/lib/libtrash.so' from LD_PRELOAD
> cannot be preloaded: ignored. FoxitReader: error while loading shared
> libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory

I give up, I can use acroread on the mac-mini so I'll rearrange my desk
so both monitors are alongside each other. Most of the pdf files are
'protected' so that copying and pasting aren't allowed anyway so I
don't lose anything by viewing them on another computer.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server