[Hampshire] [OT] Android tablet for children?

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Android tablet for children?
There's a number of "geek dads" among us so does anyone have
recommendations for an Android tablet for kids?

I have heard the cheaper tablets have oddities such as wifi being
impaired by a metal back cover.

I was going to go for a 2nd hand Nubi 2 [0] which although
Android-based has a "walled garden" of apps to filter out the bad
stuff. I am also considering a Nexus 7 which with protective covers
can be made more kid-friendly, my concern though is that Play store is
more "wild" making it easier for the little 'uns to make in-app
purchases and be exposed to dodgy ads.

Thanks

[0] http://www.nabitablet.com/

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65 F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F
http://about.me/imranchaudhry