[Hampshire] APC UPS advice please

Author: Martin N
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] APC UPS advice please
Hello,

I got a new but open boxed APC backup-ups rs 800 VA UPS off ebay.

Plugging it in there are no light when holding the power button down.
Measuring the voltage on the terminal plugs gives me 4.7V when it outputs 14V
when fully charged.

After an hours charge i get 4.8V but that could be corrosion on connectors or
my cheapo multimeter.

So if the UPS dead?
battery dead?

How long does the lead acid battery last in storage?

Any advice on how i can test things further?

thanks for your time

Martin N

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to
purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)