Re: [Hampshire] Digital SLR recommendations

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
CC: stephen.davies
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Digital SLR recommendations
On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:40:18 +0000
Stephen Davies <stephen.davies@???> wrote:

> The Nikon D3200 will do pretty well everything your daughter wants.
>
> As for wanting a DSLR to do video, perhaps some people don't
> understand how far DSLR Video has come these days.

Hi Stephen, me for one!

I am still stuck in the era of the Pentax Me Super photographically
speaking although I now use a Pentax K-r having moved on from a
compact digital which I bought when it got difficult to get film
processed and a bridge DSLR. I bought the K-r because it can use one
of the k mount lenses from the Me.

I am unlikely to want to use its video capabilities though, I assume
it has some but haven't even looked at that part of the manual.

P.S.
I have been watching the CBBC program from Madagascar that gets
broadcast at 4.30 each day and can understand why you like the island.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server