Re: [Hampshire] What Graphics Card?

Author: Ally Biggs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What Graphics Card?
I'm running a radeon HD 5770 These can be picked up relatively cheap off eBay. Game wise it handles anything I have thrown at it Skyrim on highest detail, Battlefield 3, Farcry 3 both on highest detail. But this is of course through Windows 7 I don't use Linux for gaming.

Might be worth researching into what the Linux support is like. But from a Windows point of view for the money the card kicks ass. I don't tend to bother with Compiz or any of that fancy GUI animation stuff, I usually run Centos or Debian headless. So wouldn't know if the card is capable of doing all that fancy graphical GUI wizardry. Infact it has been a few years since I have seen Compiz and such effects last experience was with a older Ubuntu release before they implemented Unity. I remember It used to be a right pain in the ass to configure.

Sent from my iPhone