Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking
On Monday 28 January 2013 11:50:15 Andy Smith wrote:
> Then I am baffled as to why you would claim that nobody needs
> beginner talks

I didn't say that. I said that I fear that if more experienced attenders are
regularly bored stiff, they might stop coming.

> when you yourself find existing talks go above your
> head.

I myself find *many* existing talks above my head. Not all.

But I am not typical. Often I can't follow a talk because it is about
something that I don't already know, and I can't see the slides. If I
already know something about the subject, I can extrapolate better.

Lisi