Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking
On Monday 28 January 2013 10:36:26 john lewis wrote:
> Even Debian, which used to have a reputation for being
> difficult  to get running, is nowadays a breeze.
>
> (It took about ten minutes to get a minimal install of Wheezy up and
> running on an aopen Xcube box a few weeks ago

You clearly have entirely open hardware!! Now that the installation kernel
has *no* binary blobs, Debian is back to being sometimes a bit tricky. There
is, of course, an unofficial installation disk which has proprietary drivers,
and you can have a particular driver available on a USB key. But I would not
call it a breeze any more.

Lisi