Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: [Hampshire] ERRATUM: I would have thoughT that was Re: Promoting LUG meets via social networking
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking
On Sunday 27 January 2013 18:23:13 Robert Longstaff wrote:
> Consequently, I think it would be great if people are prepared to do
> intro talks on the subject (maybe advertise in advance so newbies
> specifically come to that meeting) but I wouldn't want to make that the
> main focus as the more expert users would likely drift away and take
> their knowledge with them.

I would have though that talks for the complete beginner would have a very
limited audience at LUG meetings, where the majority of people present are
experienced users.

So far there has been a good mix of talks and levels. This seems to me to be
a much better idea.

Lisi