Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking

Author: Ally Biggs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking
I understand that you need to cater for all levels of experience. I just thought that from my own personal experience I found it pretty hard to initially adjust to Linux (used Windows since 3.1) and would of found talks and lectures on basic administration invaluable. I think a lot of people start to use Linux and don't develop a good foundational level of understanding they try and jump the gun and run before they can walk. They essentially become frustrated with Linux and dismiss it for being over complicated and often revert back to what they know best windoze. I am the only person who uses Linux where I work and am often ridiculed my boss literally has said Linux is a niche it isn't used and it's rubbish. Believe me I have had to hold my tongue on many occasions.

Sent from my iPhone