Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call
On 27 January 2013 15:21, Imran Chaudhry <ichaudhry@???> wrote:

> Are you on the TPS[0] Roger? I did so some years back and it
> dramatically reduced the cold calls I got via landline.
>
> I have heard some unscrupulous companies do not comply with it but it
> is better than nothing.

We subscribed to TPS several years back too, Imran. It did make a very
noticeable differen ce at the time but recently it does seem as if the
number of calls is increasing again - not just the 'Your PC is at risk'
scam calls we are talking about there, but also silent call-centre
autodiallers, double glazing, 'surveys', and most recently a rash of
compensation/reclaim 'services' and energy-grant claim offers. Almost
always number-withheld, but obviously some of these are from the UK.

Sorry, that does not really help answer the original question - just a wee
rant really.

--
best regards,

Victor Churchill,