Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call
On Friday 25 January 2013 12:46:16 Roger Munford wrote:
> Is there anything further that I can do?

Waste some more of his time? He is off shore, so there is not anything that
our law enforcement can realistically do.

Spread the word? These calls only pay because some people are fooled. But
you may find it hard to convince people. I once tried to explain to the
victim of such a scam what had happened, so that the others present wouldn't
fall into the same trap. But he remained convinced that what the scammer had
said was basically true, and so therefore did everybody else (except Peter,
who is already well indoctrinated by me).

Lisi