Re: [Hampshire] 8TB Cloud

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 8TB Cloud

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x584d8100.hantslug.org.uk.21538': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Nov 25 11:51:35 2012 GMT
gpg: using RSA key 4BC36C6C174D31C1
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 11:23:53 -0000
"Rob Malpass" <linux@???> wrote:

Hello Rob,

>3) If, expense notwithstanding for the moment, I did this as 4*2TB
>external USB hard drives, I've had trouble sharing these with Ubuntu
>before now. For some reason they're mounted under /media under a
>strange (and seemingly random) string of characters (which change every
>time the server is restarted) such that permanent shortcuts from other
>devices on the network wouldn't work and would need to be
>re-established each time I connect. Has anyone worked around this?

Label the drives, or use their UUID, and mount them wherever you wish,
via fstab, overruling anything the system tries.

--
 Regards  _
You only see me for the clothes that I wear